The Quality Control and Inventory Support position will be responsible for supporting the management of daily produce inventory, quality control, and distribution demands.
- Execution of policies, procedures that drive quality standards and monitoring systems to track grower compliance and quality. Complete documentation in compliance with our Food Safety system.
- Ensuring all production and sales goals are meet with quality product.
- Continuous review and evaluation of standards and measurements for products while generating reports for sales and growers. Support in the review and development of procedures to ensure continuous improvement including vendor scorecards.
- Ensure products are shipped out in order-first in first out (FIFO method, unless directed different)
- Drive accountability through day-to-day monitoring of inventory and quality control reporting
- Provide support around health, safety, and environmental protection. Promote a clean and safe work environment for all departments.
- Provide support for Grower Relations team to effectively monitor grower Food Safety and Quality while promoting a culture of food safety at Ippolito.
- Review and report shortages/overages on daily shipments as well as Days on Hand (aging report) within the Distribution Centre.
- Review, process and track any inventory adjustment in the appropriate means
- Review and when necessary, perform actual counts on items as needed under daily, monthly, quarterly, or annually audits as deemed necessary by the company.
- Review and assist in the compiling of data for inbound and outbound shipments. Including quantities (cases, pallets, workload distribution) as part of the volume movement tracked for the distribution team.
- Review and document all rejections and shipping errors to compile data to tracking sheet for review by management.
- Maintain a positive and proactive relationship with key areas such as Sales, Production, Distribution, and Transportation.
- Must be open to a flexible schedule for various shift and vacation coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education an asset
- 2-3 years of previous experience in distribution, in a food industry
- Previous supervisory experience in distribution role, an asset
- Previous Health and Safety training, an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization, and planning skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan, be alert and resolve unexpected problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to work well with others and effectively communicate to other departments
The incumbent is exposed to a cold, wet warehouse working environment that contains noise, dust and fumes. Mental stress is relative to meeting deadlines, supervising staff and ensuring the safety of others