WHO WE ARE
Exciting Production Lead Hand OPPORTUNITIES at our fast growing & highly respected group of companies! The Ippolito Group of companies has been in the produce business over 75 years, family run & with an excellent reputation.
Come Grow With Us!
WE OFFER AN ADVANTAGE
Continental DAY shifts – 7 shifts across two weeks * 26 bi weekly period per year = 182 days of work per year. Traditional work patterns are – 10 shifts across two weeks * 26 bi-weekly periods per year = 260 days of work per year
The Ippolito Difference…75 working days per year OR 6 fewer work days every month plus vacation!
More time with friends and family with the same pay!
Save on gas with less trips into work, at least $200.00 a month!
Amazing employee referral program
Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage
RSP program, with company matching portion
Employee food purchase program
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Some of the day-to-day tasks involve (but not limited to):
Lead Hand Responsibilities
- Help transition the workload and status details to the next distribution supervisor at shift hand off
- Ensure all coolers, equipment and resources are properly set up and ready for the shift
- Hold pre-shift meetings with distribution team regarding safety, quality, processes, new items or events. Gather input from Distribution Supervisor, Distribution Manager, Inventory Control Manager and Continuous Improvement Specialist.
- Ensure plan outlined by supervisor is followed by all material handlers. Help answer questions or offer support if needed
- Ensure food safety and GMP’s are followed by Material Handlers. Lead by example
- Conduct ongoing inspection of orders; correct product, proper case count, proper lot codes, proper labels, proper pallet and load stabilization. Advise supervisor of any concerns.
- Inspect warehouse on a regular basis/correct any hazardous situations; Inspect coolers and dock
- periodically throughout the day to ensure correct product is captured and in fact shipped
- Complete verification to ensure that pallets are scanned to correct locations and quantities match
- Help train and support new hires during onboarding process. Working with the Distribution Supervisor and Continuous Improvement Specialist
- Fill in for the Distribution Supervisor, as needed
- Oversee the loading and unloading of trucks from loading docks and organize available personnel and resources to best meet the shipping/receiving requirements.
- Supervise inbound receiving and outbound order fulfillment.
- Review any new shipping directives that arise from modified production scheduling due to customer requirements and ensure accuracy for customer compliance.
- Communicate shipment discrepancies or errors to the Distribution Manager upon detection.
- Participate in investigation and root cause analysis of shipping/receiving errors and recommend
- Ensure staff compliance with all food safety, health and safety, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all equipment, ensuring maintenance and safe working conditions. Advise maintenance of any necessary requirements.
- Communicate shift status to next shift Supervisor through hand off
Food Safety and OHS Responsibilities
- Ensure that all main doors are closed, and that all rollup doors are operating.
- Follow all applicable health & safety and food regulations and procedures, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment, such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, Teflon gloves etc.
- Ensure each worker follows all applicable health and safety and food safety regulations.
- Shows interest in Ippolito Fruit and Produce Ltd H & S performance.
- Upholds safety rules and supports safety enforcement.
- Corrects substandard or unsafe acts or conditions
- Reports all injuries and incidents.
- Report all workplace accidents or health and safety concerns to the Supervisor.
- Attend training sessions as required
- Ensure hand wash stations are operating
WHAT YOU BRING TO IPPOLITO:
- Material Handling experience in Distribution/ Warehouse of 2-3 years is required (preference for food industry background)
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Safe Quality Food (SQF), and Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Ippolito offers a full range of incentives for employees! Employees are entitled to safety shoe reimbursement annually; we have a comprehensive benefits packages and an RRSP program which the company matches.