We have an exciting opportunity at Ippolito Group for a Director of Sales and Business Development – Foodservice at our fast growing & highly respected Company!
Who We Are
The Ippolito Group of companies has been in the produce business over 75 years, family run & with an excellent reputation.
Come Grow With Us!
Manage and lead all sales for the food service segment. Create business opportunities and new relationships (or leveraging existing ones) to build the food service sales for Ippolito. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Lead all sales efforts for the company for the food service segment
- Develop segment strategies and positions by analyzing market intelligence
- Develop and implement overarching sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company for the foodservice segment
- Leverage & develop relationships with food service distributors, institutional & multi-unit foodservice operators in order to establish and grow Ippolito’s footprint in the foodservice segment
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to prospective customers
- Build a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, including new product development
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Utilize and apply customer profitability and pricing models to negotiate customer agreements
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations. Attend trade shows as necessary
- Working closely with all functional teams (Operations, Purchasing, Marketing, Finance etc.) as a key contributor to the company’s overall success and profitability.
- Manages the results monthly vs sales targets, budget, and ROI
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in related field
- Produce background (5+ years)
- Manufacturing experience is an asset
- Project management and planning is an asset
- Experience in food service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter who can work independently, is self-motivated and adaptable to a changing environment
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft (focus on excel and Powerpoint)
- Frequent collaborator
- Exceptional communication skills
- The position works in a busy office environment with exposure to a plant environment, as well as visits to potential customers sites.
- Occasional travel is required within Canada and the U.S.A.
- Mental stress is relative to meeting tight deadlines, producing accurate work and responding to urgent requests. Occasional weekend work is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location