Exciting Production OPPORTUNITIES at our fast growing & highly respected group of companies! The Ippolito Group of companies has been in the produce business over 75 years, family run & with an excellent reputation.
Come Grow With Us!
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Analyst will support the timely processing of financial reporting for three separate companies. This role will assist with the closing of monthly reporting periods, quarter-ends, and year-end. This position will support ad-hoc analysis, review, reconciliations, and the completion of monthly reporting activities to maintain the accuracy and integrity of financial information. The Accounting Analyst will need to be comfortable with various reporting systems and liaise with many internal and external stakeholders. This position requires a candidate with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to provide quality, ethical service to all stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Accounting & Financial Reporting
· Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of month-end reporting including the ability to prepare appropriate accruals and journal entries to close the period
· Will work closely with internal and external customers to obtain relevant data to resolve reporting issues in a professional manner
· Ensure accounting policies are interpreted correctly and applied consistently
· Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations to ensure reliability of the financial reporting
· Ensure compliance with respective Federal and Provincial statutory legislation
· Understand and report on the underlying causes of significant monthly variances
· Assist with process improvement initiatives (with a focus on system and process automation)
· Maintain confidentiality
· Other related duties as required from time to time
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
· 2-5 years Accounting close experience
· Strong business acumen to help accurately analyze and interpret financial data
· Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough follow-up skills
· Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Experience with multiple ERP systems an asset
· Strong computer competencies and the ability to learn new programs quickly
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
· Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure with interruptions and conflicting priorities
· Eager to learn and take on new challenges
· Keen customer service orientation
· Able to work independently and thrive as a member of an effective team
· Working towards an accounting designation an asset
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Ippolito offers a full range of incentives for employees! We have a comprehensive benefits package, pensions matching, and an employee food buy program!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Ippolito celebrates all forms of diversity and does not participate in any unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, ancestry, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, age, national origin, martial stats, same-sex relationship status, sexual orientation, family status, disability, record of offences or any other factors which cannot lawfully be used. We encourage members who identify from any minoritized group such as women, members of the LGBTQIA+ communities, racial or ethnic group and those with disabilities to apply.
*When clicking “Apply Now” you will leave this site and continue the application process on Indeed